WILD GREENS RISOTTO WITH VRISI 36 DELICATE EXTRA VIRGIN GREEK OLIVE OIL
A Diane Kochilas Signature Recipe for Vrisi 36
⅔ cup Vrisi 36 Delicate Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 ⅓ cups risotto rice or Greek “Carolina” variety
1 ½ pounds mixed sweet greens (similar to what we put in the little pie filling): spinach / Swiss chard / chervil / sweet sorrel), trimmed, chopped, washed and drained thoroughly
½ cup dry white wine
6 to 8 cups hot vegetable stock or broth
1 bunch dill, stems trimmed, leaves chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Juice of ½ a fresh lemon, or more, to taste
6 ounces Greek feta
1. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a wide, deep pot over medium heat. Cook the onion until soft and very lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to soften for about a minute.
2. Add the rice and stir to coat in the oil.
3. Add 1 cup of hot vegetable broth or stock and stir gently until the rice absorbs it. Repeat with a second cup. Next, stir in the wine. When that evaporates, add the greens mixture to the pot in increments if necessary, stirring to combine with the rice-onion mixture. When all the greens have been added and are wilted, pour in another cup of hot broth or stock, and repeat as needed until the rice is creamy and al dente and the greens cooked, about 30 to 35 minutes in total.
4. Stir in the dill. Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
5. Serve with shaved feta on top and a drizzling of Vrisi 36 Delicate Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil.