Inspired from the show, MY GREEK TABLE WITH DIANE KOCHILAS
- 2/3 cup roasted unsalted pistachios
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled GREEK feta
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup VRISI36 BOLD extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 4 roasted or boiled beets
- 1/2 cup VRISI36 BOLD or DELICATE extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Orange slices fresh mint sprigs and pink peppercorns for garnish
Coarsely grind the pistachios in a food processor, pulsing on and off. Add the mint, orange zest, crumbled feta, olive oil and pepper, and pulse to combine into a thick paste. Set aside.
Prepare the dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic syrup and mustard.
Peel the beets and cut them into rounds about 1/8-inch/3.2 mm. Place a half teaspoon of the feta mixture in the center of a serving plate. Place a beet round on top. Add a teaspoon of the feta mixture and top with a beet round. Continue until all the slices of the first beet are used up. The stack should end with a beet round. Drizzle with a little dressing, sprinkle with pink peppercorns, garnish with mint and serve. Repeat with remaining beets and feta mixture.